Amanda-Users

planner confused? So am I...

2005-02-17 05:00:12
Subject: planner confused? So am I...
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 04:54:07 -0500
Greetings;

I just got a 'strange' email from amdump:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  coyote     /usr/src lev 0 STRANGE

Later:

FAILED AND STRANGE DUMP DETAILS:

/-- coyote     /usr/src lev 0 STRANGE

followed by many lines of missing file references because I had
a kernel build going on at the time.

But, later yet in the same report:
NOTES:
  planner: Incremental of coyote:/usr/src bumped to level 3.
  planner: Incremental of coyote:/amanda bumped to level 3.

And indeed it did do a level 3 on /amanda, but from the dle by dle
report, I got this:
DUMP SUMMARY:
                                                      DUMPER STATS
TAPER STATS
HOSTNAME DISK                              L ORIG-MB OUT-MB COMP% MMM:SS
KB/s MMM:SS    KB/s
------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------
coyote  /usr/src                          0   7641   2543  33.3  61:3   705.4
4:0 10442.7

A level 3 might have been 300 some megs thanks to the new kernel src
tree and a fresh rebuild in a subdir spca-stf, 5 megs there maybe.

Is there a good reason for the reverse switch from a level 3 to a 0?

Yeah I know I should do some housecleaning, didn't realize I had
over 7GB of srcs laying around, but 5.5-6GB is probably kernel trees.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: