Amanda-Users

Re: Mac OS X install?

2005-02-15 20:12:08
Subject: Re: Mac OS X install?
From: steven karel <karel AT brandeis DOT edu>
To: "Tim Johnson J." <tim AT earth.northwestern DOT edu>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:08:33 -0500
well, it works for me, but I wrote those instructions, so maybe I left something out.

DId you try adjusting the timeout on the server? I think xtar can be slow (and if you aren't using xtar, hfstar was VERY slow)

What files DO you get in /tmp/amanda on the client when the backup files?

Tim Johnson J. wrote:

  Has anyone been using Amanda for Mac OS X
backups?
  I tried using the instructions at:
http://web.brandeis.edu/pages/view/Bio/AmandaMacOSXCompileNotes

  It compiled and "amcheck" run without any errors.
But when the backup actually run the server gives :
Error: timed out

   The backup server is a Debian linux machine with 10
other Debian machines running without any problems....
  There is nothing in the /tmp/amanda/*.debug that gives
any help...

 Anyone running this ok?