Amanda-Users

Re: GNU tar versions

2005-01-17 11:11:58
Subject: Re: GNU tar versions
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Toomas Aas <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:03:17 -0500
On Monday 17 January 2005 06:28, Toomas Aas wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> But whats the deal with amrecover?  That config dir its asking for
>> hasn't existed on this system for many months, and many, many
>> updates of amanda's build as I normally stay with the latest 2.4.5
>> snapshots.
>
>Do you specify the switch --with-config=Daily when you ./configure
>Amanda? If you don't, Amanda uses it's built-in default DailySet1.
> You can override the default at run time with 'amrecover -C Daily'.

And as you can see in my post describing the build for the new tar, I
do not have such an option passed to configure.  The question then is
why does amdump/amflush/amverify/amcheck not have similar errors?
I can change that, and re-install in a few minutes, 5 or 6 maybe, but
the question still stands.  Or is that as simple as 'amrecover Daily'
in the invocation?

Mmm, yes, almost, but now get this on invocation:
------------------
[root@coyote data]# amrecover Daily
AMRECOVER Version 2.4.5b1-20041221. Contacting server on
coyote.coyote.den ...
220 coyote AMANDA index server (2.4.5b1-20041221) ready.
200 Access OK
Setting restore date to today (2005-01-17)
200 Working date set to 2005-01-17.
Scanning /dumps...
200 Config set to Daily.
501 Host coyote.coyote.den is not in your disklist.
Trying host coyote.coyote.den ...
501 Host coyote.coyote.den is not in your disklist.
Trying host coyote ...
200 Dump host set to coyote.
Trying disk /amandatapes ...
Trying disk hdd3 ...
Can't determine disk and mount point from $CWD
'/amandatapes/Dailys/slot17'
So I gave it a quit.  dd can always get it :)

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: