Amanda-Users

Re: Permission denied on runtar - only when called via amcheck

2004-11-29 11:08:46
Subject: Re: Permission denied on runtar - only when called via amcheck
From: Fran Fabrizio <fran AT cis.uab DOT edu>
To: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:58:02 -0600

Yep, user 'amanda' has a primary (and only) group of 'amanda'. I did both the build and install as root - another user suggested that might be the issue. I'm not so sure, but I will rebuild as user 'amanda' and switch to root for the install as soon as I get to the office.

I think that will help things tremendously :-)

No change in behavior - built as user amanda, installed as user root, the runtar that gets installed is identical in all respects to the one installed when built as user root.
-rwsr-x---    1 root     amanda      13035 Nov 29 09:55 runtar

I've probably done two dozen other amanda installs following this exact recipe and they've all worked. Very odd. So, even though the amanda user has a primary group of amanda, this doesn't seem to be recognized. It's got to be something weird - like two amanda users or two amanda groups colliding somehow....

--
Fran Fabrizio
Senior Systems Analyst