Amanda-Users

Re: Estimate timeout error

2004-11-29 09:21:43
Subject: Re: Estimate timeout error
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:16:29 -0500
On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 09:00:44AM -0500, Nick Danger enlightened us:
> Is there any way to properly calculate what your timeout estimate value
> should be other then trial and error? I have a partition on a machine
> that gives this error. "
>
> dominion.h /u00 lev 0 FAILED [Estimate timeout from dominion]
>

> If I remove that partition from disklist, all other partitions on that
> server backup just fine.
> Its a 45G partiton on a SCSI raid set. Its hardly 1% full, holding maybe
> 1000 files. I have upped the timeout to 1200, and still it failed.

The sendsize.DATETIME.debug log file on dominion should tell you how long
the estimates are taking. A simple calculation should tell you how big
etimeout should be.

(NUM_PARTITIONS * ETIMEOUT) = total time amanda waits for estimates.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics