Amanda-Users

Re: Permission denied on runtar - only when called via amcheck

2004-11-29 12:07:50
Subject: Re: Permission denied on runtar - only when called via amcheck
From: Fran Fabrizio <fran AT cis.uab DOT edu>
To: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:53:28 -0600
Alexander Jolk wrote:

I think your amandad is somehow not running with the correct group id. Can you show us the relevant lines from inetd.conf or xinetd.d?
Bingo! Can't believe I missed that. I copied the xinetd entry for amanda from another server - I don't remember setting it up this way, but apparently on that other server, I set the amanda group to disk. Changing it to amanda did the trick. I had forgotten that you set the group in the xinetd entry.

Thanks!!

-Fran

--
Fran Fabrizio