Amanda-Users

Re: How can I split up a large disk partition?

2004-02-05 08:20:39
Subject: Re: How can I split up a large disk partition?
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 14:16:09 +0100
stan wrote:

/foo/bar/[A-J]*
/foo/bar/[K-z]*

Don't mix uppercase and lowercase in the character maps.
It depends on the current LANG and/or LC_* settings what they
expand to.  Probably not what you want.

Maybe you need this:

  /foo/bar/[A-J]*
  /foo/bar/[K-Za-z]*

Also notice these are not complementary!!!
A file named:

  /foo/bar/123

matches neither of the above!

here are my new disklist entries:

# black ad1s1e comp-user-no-compress 2 local
black ads1e/ak ad1s1e {
        include "./[A-K]*"
        exclude "./[L-z]*"
        user-tar-no-compress
        } 2 local

You dumptype below has:

define dumptype user-tar-no-compress {
    compress none
    root-tar
    comment "user partitions dumped with tar"
    priority medium
}

What did I do wrong?

Amanda processes the file top to bottom.
You include the dumptype after the local "exclude" statement,
and your dumptype also has an exclude.  There is no "append"
keyword on that exclude, so it replaces the current list.

Two possible solution:
1. use the "append" keyword on the right place
2. put the dumptype before the exlude line:

black ads1e/ak ad1s1e {
        user-tar-no-compress
        include append "./[A-K]*"
        exclude append "./[!A-K]*"
        } 2 local

(actually that last exclude is not necessary.  You may
find yourself why as homework :-) )

Verify what would the parameters of a host:/DLE with

$ amadmin Theconfig disklist Host /D/L/E