Amanda-Users

Re: How can I split up a large disk partition?

2004-02-03 19:30:19
Subject: Re: How can I split up a large disk partition?
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 19:23:20 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 at 7:16pm, stan wrote

> I've got a couple of 120G disk that contain files in a serries of
> directories. I need to split these up to allow my DLT40 tape to back up
> smaller checks.
>
> What I have in mind is something like this:
>
> /foo/bar/[A-J]*
> /foo/bar/[K-z]*
>
> But if I put that in the disklist file amcheck says it's invalid.
>
> Is there any way I can acomplish this?

This is a *very* frequently asked question (in fact we just finished a
thread on this).  The list archives should be rife with examples (as is
the disklist included in the amanda tarball).  If those don't help you
out, come on back with your disklist file and the exact errors you're
getting.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering