Amanda-Users

Re: How can I split up a large disk partition?

2004-02-05 09:10:47
Subject: Re: How can I split up a large disk partition?
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:02:45 -0500
On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 08:03:16AM -0500, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 at 7:49am, stan wrote
>
> > Note that for the 2 disks in question, both partial backusp claim identical
> > size. I beileve that is because they are assuming the size of the entire
> > partion.
> >
> > # black ad1s1e comp-user-no-compress 2 local
> > black ads1e/ak ad1s1e {
> >     include "./[A-K]*"
> >     exclude "./[L-z]*"
> >     user-tar-no-compress
> >     } 2 local
> > black ads1e/kz ad1s1e {
> >     include "./[L-z]*"
> >     user-tar-no-compress
> >     } 2 local
> >
> > And here is teh dumptupe definition:
> >
> > define dumptype root-tar {
> >     program "GNUTAR"
> >     comment "root partitions dumped with tar"
> >     compress none
> >     exclude list "/usr/local/lib/amanda/exclude.gtar"
> >     priority low
> > }
> >
> > define dumptype user-tar-no-compress {
> >     compress none
> >     root-tar
> >     comment "user partitions dumped with tar"
> >     priority medium
> > }
>
> The short answer is that order matters.  In your disklist entries (DLEs),
> you specify include, exclude, and then the dumptype.  But the dumptype
> specifies its own exclude (list).  In amanda(8), in the part about
> 'exclude' in the dumptype section, it states that "With  the append
> keyword, the string are appended to the current value of the list, without
> it, the string overwrite the list."  IOW, the 'exclude list' line in the
> dumptype is overriding the include and exclude directives in your DLEs.
>
> So, change your DLEs to specify the dumptype first.  Then your include and
> exclude directives will override those in the dumptype.

I'm confused. The dumptype is defined in amanda.conf, and only the disks to
backup are defined in the disklist file. I assume that amanda.conf is read
first, right? The disks are shown in my email in the oreder that they
appear in the disklists file.

Sould I just remove the exclude file line in the dumptape?

neither liberty nor safety."
                                                -- Benjamin Franklin