Amanda-Users

Re: How can I split up a large disk partition?

2004-02-05 08:06:58
Subject: Re: How can I split up a large disk partition?
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 08:03:16 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 at 7:49am, stan wrote

> Note that for the 2 disks in question, both partial backusp claim identical
> size. I beileve that is because they are assuming the size of the entire
> partion.
>
> # black ad1s1e comp-user-no-compress 2 local
> black ads1e/ak ad1s1e {
>       include "./[A-K]*"
>       exclude "./[L-z]*"
>       user-tar-no-compress
>       } 2 local
> black ads1e/kz ad1s1e {
>       include "./[L-z]*"
>       user-tar-no-compress
>       } 2 local
>
> And here is teh dumptupe definition:
>
> define dumptype root-tar {
>     program "GNUTAR"
>     comment "root partitions dumped with tar"
>     compress none
>     exclude list "/usr/local/lib/amanda/exclude.gtar"
>     priority low
> }
>
> define dumptype user-tar-no-compress {
>     compress none
>     root-tar
>     comment "user partitions dumped with tar"
>     priority medium
> }

The short answer is that order matters.  In your disklist entries (DLEs),
you specify include, exclude, and then the dumptype.  But the dumptype
specifies its own exclude (list).  In amanda(8), in the part about
'exclude' in the dumptype section, it states that "With  the append
keyword, the string are appended to the current value of the list, without
it, the string overwrite the list."  IOW, the 'exclude list' line in the
dumptype is overriding the include and exclude directives in your DLEs.

So, change your DLEs to specify the dumptype first.  Then your include and
exclude directives will override those in the dumptype.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering