Amanda-Users

How to label tapes with amanda!

2003-05-27 07:50:19
Subject: How to label tapes with amanda!
From: "Benoit Martin \"Sky Services\"" <bmartin AT skyservices DOT net>
To: "AMANDA Users" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 13:42:58 +0200
Hi everyone,

First of all, I'm not a unix master at all, I'm trying to install and
configure amanda on my system, which is a system including 3 servers, with
only one having a tape device.

I don't understand how to label my tapes?

I don't understand either how to start amandad on the clients.

When I do #amcheck DailySet1 on my server, I got this:

bash-2.05$ /usr/sbin/amcheck DailySet1/
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /var/tmp: 342562 KB disk space available, that's plenty
ERROR: /dev/st0: not an amanda tape
       (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/curinfo: does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run
NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/index/cfeweb3/_home: does not
exist
NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/index/localhost/_etc: does not
exist
Server check took 9.930 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
WARNING: cfeweb3: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
WARNING: localhost: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
Client check: 2 hosts checked in 29.997 seconds, 2 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.2p2)

Thanks for your help.

Benoit