Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck-server: slot 4: not an amanda tape

2003-05-27 05:11:40
Subject: Re: amcheck-server: slot 4: not an amanda tape
From: "Marty Shannon, RHCE" <mshannon AT domovina DOT org>
To: shaun <shaun.feeley AT cytopia.com DOT au>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 00:59:56 -0400
shaun wrote:

> cheers for your help marty
> but that is exactly what confused me.  day-04 has been labelled by
> amlabel, and when i try and label it again i recieve an error message
> stating that day-04 is already labelled..
>
> and jon thanks again you ve been alot of help over the past couple weeks.
> perhaps an amrmtape to remove it and then label it again??

Urk.  We may both have messed up on the "reply" vs. "reply all"
issue.  Your message came only to me, so I repost to the list
as well.

I believe that you can use "amlabel -f" to "force" a tape to be
relabeled, but only do so with extreme caution -- it is still
possible that there may be retrievable data on that tape (and
you could confuse Amanda by zapping it, if so)!  (I must
confess to being a bit rusty on my Amanda skills....)

        Cheers,
        Marty
--
Marty Shannon, RHCE (@ home)