Amanda-Users

RE: Using Amanda without a tape changer

2003-05-22 14:19:11
Subject: RE: Using Amanda without a tape changer
From: donald.ritchey AT exeloncorp DOT com
To: pvz AT linux DOT se
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 13:15:25 -0500
The amcheck utility will tell you, among other things, the next tape that
Amanda expects to see.  Proper syntax, as far as my usage of the command
goes, is:
        amcheck -cs <config_name>
where <config_name> is the name of your Amanda configuration.

The output of one of my amcheck commands looks like:
$ amcheck -cs emcpd
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk //amanda/emcpd: 11198792 KB disk space available, that's plenty
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape emcpd-008 label ok
Server check took 8.049 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
Client check: 8 hosts checked in 1.565 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4)

If it does not find the correct tape in the tape drive, it will tell
you which one it is expecting.

Don

Donald L. (Don) Ritchey