Amanda-Users

Re: Using Amanda without a tape changer

2003-05-22 14:10:21
Subject: Re: Using Amanda without a tape changer
From: Per von Zweigbergk <pvz AT linux DOT se>
To: "Rebecca Pakish Crum" <rebecca AT unterlaw DOT com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 20:07:44 +0200
torsdagen den 22 maj 2003 kl 19.35 skrev Rebecca Pakish Crum:

 From what I've understood, Amanda should be run from a cron job, for
example at at midnight, once a day. I've also understood that you can
configure Amanda to only run on weekdays.

Absolutely...I do my backups this way. If you know anything about cron,
you know you can pick and choose your days, hours, minutes etc for when
you want the dump to run.

Yes, absolutely, I was referring not only on configuring cron, but also referring to the dumpcycle and runspercycle(?) flag.

Also, I'd like some confirmation on one step... the correct way to know what tape the next that amanda wants is to read the e-mail it sends out, right? Or can one just assume it will want them in sequence?

--
Per von Zweigbergk <pvz AT e.kth DOT se>