Amanda-Users

Re: bug in disklist?

2003-05-21 10:03:24
Subject: Re: bug in disklist?
From: Mats Blomstrand <mats.blomstrand AT htu DOT se>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 15:59:50 +0200
>  From "man amanda":
>
> >        exclude [ list|file ][[optional][ append ][ "string" ]+]
> >               Default: file.  There is two exclude  list  exclude
> >               file  and  exclude  list.   With exclude file , the
> >               string is a gnutar exclude expression. With exclude
> >               list , the string is a file name on the client con=AD
> >               taining gnutar exclude expression.

Believe it or not. I have read it, but it seemed very backward.

  If i have file, i should say list.
  And i if i have a list i should say file.

Strange! :)

I understand what the problem was now. And there where no bug!
As said before, i have got Paul's suggestion working. And know
i have my own suggestion working with the exception that the word
"file" is changed to "list".

Im still confused. But at a higher level :)

Thanks for the help everyone!
//Mats