Amanda-Users

Re: amandad without xinetd

2003-01-21 12:20:43
Subject: Re: amandad without xinetd
From: Martin Hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:50:14 +0000

Kang, James wrote:
They don't want to run xinetd.
Is amandad capable of running "stand-alone" mode?
Please understand I am not trying to argue against your "default xinetd mode" solution with the latest xinetd.

James

There are alot of security policies out there that state - no (x)inetd on servers. Would be nice if we could at least run amanda on the clients without running an inetd varient.

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

the system manager.