Amanda-Users

Re: amandad without xinetd

2003-01-15 18:45:14
Subject: Re: amandad without xinetd
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: "Kang, James" <jkang AT bnl DOT gov>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:10:03 -0500
On Wednesday 15 January 2003 16:30, Kang, James wrote:
>How to run amandad without usning xinetd?
>Any pointer will be greatly appeciated.
>I am running 2.4.2p2 on Mandrake Linux 8.0
>
>James

Is mandrake 8.0 still using inetd?  In which case I think there are
instructions in the doc directory of the archive unpack.

As a side comment though, xinetd is considered to be more secure, so
you might consider updating the distribution to one that does use
it.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M