Amanda-Users

Re: Full Backup Configuration

2003-01-18 00:00:43
Subject: Re: Full Backup Configuration
From: Deb Baddorf <baddorf AT fnal DOT gov>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 22:15:19 -0600
My understanding was that the OP just wanted to run 3-out-of-7, and
I have *no* idea why that should be any problem at all.

--
Jay Lessert                               jay_lessert AT accelerant DOT net
Accelerant Networks Inc.                       (voice)1.503.439.3461

I wasn't the one raising the question.  I was just trying to
provide an explanation so that people understood his question.

He wanted to run backups MTWRF ,  and have a 3 day dumpcycle.
I.E.   Full dumps every 3 days.   And he couldn't understand
why his ignoring Sat & Sun caused amanda to always be due for
a full dump on Monday.   I think he wanted

FULL  tues wed  FULL fri   [sat, sun skipped]
mon  FULL  tues  wed  FULL  [ sat, sun skipped]
mon tues  FULL thur fri  [sat, sun skipped]
FULL tues wed  FULL fri  [sat, sun skipped]

thinking that he'd get a full backup every third day that
he said  "amdump" .... and that Sat, Sun would be ignored
if he didn't call amdump those days.   But since amanda
knows about a 7 day week ..... she wouldn't forget them.
And I'm not sure if a config can be made, that will to do what
he wanted.

(Sorry orig user --- I've forgotten your name!)
Deb Baddorf