Amanda-Users

Re: tapelist and tape order

2003-01-18 00:17:38
Subject: Re: tapelist and tape order
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 23:48:27 -0500
On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 06:13:31PM -0800, DK Smith wrote:

> I finally determined why my tape order is not what I expected. (by looking at
> the tapelist file). I do not recall why my tape order managed to get into
> this state... When I originally set things up, *i thought* the tapes were in
> order...
>

> What (if anything) should I do to correct the order?
>
> Can anyone suggest an elegant way to correct the order by using interfaces
> supplied with AMANDA? (as opposed to starting over and re-labelling a whole
> new magazine of tapes, as one option)

You probably realize that they are in order -- as far as amanda is concerned.
Amanda does not care about the labels.  You could call them huey, dewey, and
louie with a labelstr of '^.*$'.

So the problem is you, or your perception of order.

Maybe others have an elegant reordering tip.  I've only done crude reordering.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)