Amanda-Users

Re: Full Backup Configuration

2003-01-17 17:54:37
Subject: Re: Full Backup Configuration
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: DK Smith <dks AT MediaWeb DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:26:53 -0500
On Friday 17 January 2003 16:04, DK Smith wrote:
>In this discussion, talking about discounting days of of the week
> etc... is there an inherent assumption here that the amdump is
> invoked once per day? Or is that not a factor in the behavior of
> the system?

Thats the generally accepted practice, with amanda supposedly
compensating for the case of dumpcycle = 1 week, and
runsperdumpcycle = 5.  I think this is general target area of the
current discussion.  But then I'm not an real expert, I just play
one here, sometimes pretty foolishly... :-)

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M