Amanda-Users

Re: Full Backup Configuration

2003-01-17 19:22:53
Subject: Re: Full Backup Configuration
From: DK Smith <dks AT MediaWeb DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:55:32 -0800

>There is an inherent assumption that Saturday and Sunday
>really exist ... so when you say dumpcycle of ... well, any number,
>amanda continues to count Saturday and Sunday.    The question
>here is "can we ask amanda to bend reality"  and ignore Sat and
>Sun entirely.
>    We're asking to define a "work week"   rather than a
>"real time"  week.   Apparently the lady (amanda) only knows
>real time, just because *she* is willing to work any day of
>the week!
>
>Deb Baddorf

What if a User comes in during the weekend and make Nobel-prize-winning
modification to their source code? Does that give you reason to relax your
constraint?

What is the justification/motivation for running amdump on Sat or Sun? In case
the tape changer jams, you can address the issue before leaving work that day?

thx