Amanda-Users

Re: WangDAT 3400DX DDS2-120m tapetype

2002-09-26 09:44:38
Subject: Re: WangDAT 3400DX DDS2-120m tapetype
From: Martin Schwarz <Martin.Schwarz AT toplink-plannet DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:21:20 +0200
On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 02:35:54AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> assumption on my part is wrong.  When and if you re-run tapetype
> again, leave out or change the -e option and see if that effects
> the filemark value returned.  But it will take longer to run
> without the -e option IIRC.

As suggested, I have re-run tapetype on the drive, leaving out the -e
[estimate] argument:

----------------------
$ time sudo -u backup tapetype -f /dev/tape -t DDS2-120m-no-estimate \
&& echo Ok.
wrote 120009 32Kb blocks in 367 files in 12166 seconds (short write)
wrote 119968 32Kb blocks in 736 files in 13385 seconds (short write)
define tapetype DDS2-120m-no-estimate {
    comment "just produced by tapetype program"
    length 3751 mbytes
    filemark 3 kbytes
    speed 301 kps
}

real    428m24.768s
user    0m2.700s
sys     4m15.500s
Ok.
$

Both the length and speed values are somewhat lower than before, but the
most significant difference is in the filemark value, which looks much
more reasonable now.

Greetings,
Martin.