Amanda-Users

Re: [amanda 2.4.2p2] tar exclude list not working

2002-09-21 13:19:54
Subject: Re: [amanda 2.4.2p2] tar exclude list not working
From: Martin Schwarz <Martin.Schwarz AT toplink-plannet DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 19:05:34 +0200
Hi Christoph,

On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 06:32:03PM +0200, Christoph Scheeder wrote:
> your exclude-list syntax is not correct....
[...]
> > [/etc/amanda/exclude.gtar]
> > /disk-c1/martin/mac
>
> this should read
>
> ./mac
>
> it is relative to the root stated in your disklist-entry.

ah, so absolute paths are not possible here? Using an absolute path for
the exclude-list file in the dumptype definition as I did, would then
lead to the exclusion af ANY directory named "mac" on ANY filesystem
that uses this dumptype? Not what I wanted...

The solution seems to use a _relative_ definition of the exclude-list
file as well:

[amanda.conf]
exclude-list ".amanda-exclude.gtar"

and