Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Thanks

2014-03-26 13:53:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Thanks
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 13:48:45 -0400
Hi Jeff...

On 03/26/14 08:28, Jeff MacDonald wrote:
> I think boycotting is typical IRC fare and works well, but one should
> “boycott with education”.
> You know something like “If you are using bareos we can’t help you.
Please stop using it and
> use bacula instead, and here is why *link*”
>
> Jeff.

My thoughts exactly.

And that is why my initial comment to webdawg in IRC also listed a link
to Kern's blog re: bareos, and my recommendation in my last post to this
list was:

--[snip]--
Perhaps the channel's topic can include a "...We would prefer to not
assist with Bareos questions - see this link to find out why:
http://blog.bacula.org/category/bareos/";

Then we can very politely point Bareos users to the topic and no one
will be offended.
--[snip]--

Cheers!

--