Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Thanks

2014-03-26 03:38:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Thanks
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 08:35:19 +0100
Hello Bill,

Your email (below) is very well said.

I haven't read the IRC, but from what you say, even though you may not
have been in a good mood, I think it is quite an appropriate response to
"boycott" Bareos and Bareos users.  There is certainly no reason why
Bareos users should be asking for help from Bacula users, and there is
no reason for Bacula users to spend time helping Bareos users.

At the same time, boycotting them will hopefully be be kept polite and
reasonable, because I would not like to see Bareos users mistreated or
any act that is not correct against them (it does not sound like that
happened).

To the Bacula users, thank you for the support you are providing both
for the project, helping new Bacula users, and for supporting me.  I
have said it a number of times, but I think it is always worth
repeating, I am really proud of how friendly and helpful you all are
with new Bacula users as well as with the occasional difficult users or
situations.

=======

On a slightly different subject: Bacula 7.0.0.  It seems that I really
bit off a much bigger piece than I can handle as I have scheduled the
following things to happen at the end of March:

1. New Bacula 7.0.0 major release (ready)
2. New look to the Bacula manuals with fixed lines (ready)
3. New Bacula website (almost ready)
4. Bacula Conference (*very* successful in my view)
5. Reporting on the Bacula Conference

I think we are going to do all the above by the end of March, but it is
a bit more work than I had imagined.  I hope that everything will be
pulled together by the end of this week or early Monday.   This
afternoon, I will send you the list of new features and other new
"services" that we have planned for you.

Best regards,
Kern