Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Truncate ourged volumes.

2014-03-26 12:38:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] Truncate ourged volumes.
From: "Erik P. Olsen" <epodata AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 17:32:56 +0100
I run bacula 5.2.13 on fedora 20.

In mains.pdf I read on page 21 that purged volumes can be truncated using this
runscript:

Job {
   Name = "BackupCatalog"
   RunScript {
     RunsWhen=After
     RunsOnClient=No
     Console ="purge volume action=all allpools storage=File"
   }
}

I added the runscript to bacula-dir.conf and got the following daemon message:

26-Mar 08:08 epo-dir JobId 0:
This command can be DANGEROUS!!!

It purges (deletes) all Files from a Job,
JobId, Client or Volume; or it purges (deletes)
all Jobs from a Client or Volume without regard
to retention periods. Normally you should use the
PRUNE command, which respects retention periods.
26-Mar 08:08 epo-dir JobId 0: Automatically selected Catalog: MyCatalog
26-Mar 08:08 epo-dir JobId 0: Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
26-Mar 08:08 epo-dir JobId 0: Storage resource "File": not found
26-Mar 08:08 epo-dir JobId 0: The defined Storage resources are:
26-Mar 08:08 epo-dir JobId 0:      1: CatalogueStorage
26-Mar 08:08 epo-dir JobId 0:      2: FileStorage
26-Mar 08:08 epo-dir JobId 0: Selection aborted, nothing done.

Since nothing was done no harm was done either. But how can I make it do what
the manual says it should do? (I admit though that I may not understand the
manual correctly.)

--
Erik