Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Please use the "label" command to create a new Vol

2010-09-30 04:52:20
Subject: [Bacula-users] Please use the "label" command to create a new Vol
From: dobbin <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 04:48:42 -0400

> Quote:
> All the machine backups go into one pool. It is counterproductive to use
> individual pools for machines as that means tapes aren't filled
> regularly and you're having to either keep lots in the changer or have
> to change tapes constantly.
>

> yes but, as I said in my first post, I'm not using tapes, all my backups are
> done onto a sizeable disk array. Does that still mean multiple pools are a
> problem?

Multiple pools were not the problem. I believe the limitation on how
many volumes in each pool was. I believe that combined with changing
configuration in bacula-dir.conf without applying the change in
bconsole. Remember that making changes in the pool definition in
bacula-dir.conf does not change already existing volumes.

John [/quote]

but I haven't changed the pool definition, the only things I ever change in the
bacula-dir.conf are the schedule and the directories that are being backed up.

Here's the pool definition we use for each server

Pool {
  Name = servername
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes