Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Please use the "label" command to create a new Vol

2010-09-28 05:34:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Please use the "label" command to create a new Vol
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 10:31:12 +0100
dobbin wrote:
>> There is no benefit on the creation of 100 pools for 100 different jobs
>> / servers.
>

> I don't understand what you mean, each server is backed up seperately, I have
> 100 servers, therefore I run 100 backup jobs and therefore have 100 pools
>
> unless I'm misunderstanding the meaning of pool

I think you are.

I back up around 20 individual servers plus ~90Tb of data sets into 3
pools - the pools are chosen based on retention policy for the data
concerned.

All the machine backups go into one pool. It is counterproductive to use
individual pools for machines as that means tapes aren't filled
regularly and you're having to either keep lots in the changer or have
to change tapes constantly.