Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Please use the "label" command to create a new Vol

2010-09-29 08:52:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Please use the "label" command to create a new Vol
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 08:49:30 -0400
On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 4:48 AM, dobbin <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
wrote:

>> All the machine backups go into one pool. It is counterproductive to use
>> individual pools for machines as that means tapes aren't filled
>> regularly and you're having to either keep lots in the changer or have
>> to change tapes constantly.
>

> yes but, as I said in my first post, I'm not using tapes, all my backups are
> done onto a sizeable disk array. Does that still mean multiple pools are a
> problem?[/quote]

Multiple pools were not the problem. I believe the limitation on how
many volumes in each pool was. I believe that combined with changing
configuration in bacula-dir.conf without applying the change in
bconsole. Remember that making changes in the pool definition in
bacula-dir.conf does not change already existing volumes.

John