Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Please use the "label" command to create a new Vol

2010-09-27 05:00:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] Please use the "label" command to create a new Vol
From: dobbin <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 04:58:07 -0400
when I say 100 backups, I mean 100 different servers with different pools.

> Wait a minute this has to fail. I mean you said you do 100 backups in
> 12 hours but then your configuration has use the volume once (and hold
> each volume for 65 days after using) so that at maximum 65 jobs can be
> run without you labeling more volumes manually since bacula will not
> label more than your 65 volume limit.

Most of the pools reach 65 volumes and then they go back to the start,
over-writing the first volume. I can't figure out why these ones are different
though.

Surely as long as there is space on the disk, there should always be media
available?[/quote]