Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Please use the "label" command to create a new Vol

2010-09-28 03:42:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] Please use the "label" command to create a new Vol
From: dobbin <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 03:40:44 -0400
> There is no benefit on the creation of 100 pools for 100 different jobs
> / servers.

I don't understand what you mean, each server is backed up seperately, I have
100 servers, therefore I run 100 backup jobs and therefore have 100 pools

unless I'm misunderstanding the meaning of pool

> Did you change the retention period after creating the volumes?

nope, once the job is in the config, that's it. Sometimes I'll change the time
it's scheduled to run at and sometimes I'll change the directories that are
being backed up but nothing else is ever changed