BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Block-level rsync-like hashing dd?

2011-04-11 10:57:27
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Block-level rsync-like hashing dd?
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 09:55:21 -0500
On 4/11/2011 12:43 AM, Saturn2888 wrote:
> But none of that solves the issue we're having now.

None of what?  It is hard to understand things with no context.

> How in the world do we backup the current pool of data?

Any of the ways that you can do an image copy of the raw partition or
disk holding the archive will work as a backup.  But in many cases the
best approach is to simply run an independent copy of backuppc from a
different location, connecting to the same targets over a WAN or VPN,
perhaps with the blackout periods skewed to avoid running at the same times.