BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Noted Observations & Complaints Using BackupPC for 5 mon

2010-04-29 19:21:49
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Noted Observations & Complaints Using BackupPC for 5 mon
From: Saturn2888 <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:19:09 -0400
Yeah, that's what I meant, depth, not number. There are very few changes to
most of my systems, what does change are the file folders I'm backing up on my
main rig. Those files change daily, but not all of them of course. What are
your thoughts? Probably less level changes are good if there aren't many
changes correct?

Since changing from Samba, a lot of my BackupPC server's functionality has also
needed to change.

To update on the new DLL I used, it seems to have worked properly. One machine
went from 450min from the previous incremental to 86 this time around but
that's caused by moving 4GB of unchanging files off of that drive. Still, 86 is
still too high for an incremental. Another machine spent 470min on it's
getting somewhere, but I haven't yet found a hardy solution.