BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc CGI Interface not working for me

2009-04-07 23:31:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc CGI Interface not working for me
From: Laurin d'Volts <email.port25 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 22:21:54 -0500
I fixed it.
I don't really understand what the issue was.
It could have been some misconfiguration in apache.
However, I did the "murder with intent" method of GNU/Linux.

Basically, I looked for the apache2 folder.
I erased that folder, which was /etc/apache2.
# rm -r /etc/apache2

>>From there, I looked on Google as to a way I could put that folder back
in. Yes, I'm using a weird logic for all of this.

http://www.debianhelp.org/node/2101

Afterwards, it pointed me to the package "apache2.2-common."

So, I decided to...

apt-get --purge remove apache2.2-common

Afterward, it removed apache, some other stuff, and backuppc.

Next, I made sure of something...

apt-get --purge remove backuppc

I don't remember anything going away...

next...

apt-get install backuppc

>>From there, it installed the apache dependencies again..

I seletected "apache" and "apache2" as options inside of the ncurses
screen.

I went to a browser...

http://127.0.0.1/backuppc

and things now work.

But at least the discussion here helped me figure out both parts were
some how connected. I kind of figured this once I used cat on various
files in /etc/backuppc and /etc/apache2. That led me to the idea to
remove the /etc/apache2 folder.

Done and done.