BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc CGI Interface not working for me

2009-04-05 10:58:58
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc CGI Interface not working for me
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 09:55:54 -0500
Laurin d'Volts wrote:

> Why do you think I'm posting my questions in this mailing list?

That's not entirely clear since your problem seems to be in the apache
configuration or something specific to the debian package.  Or perhaps
even firewalling.

> No, I'm not going to simply throw away Debian Sid.

I'm sure other people have posted here that are using the debian
packaged version, so it must be possible to make it work.

I'd start from the begining, though.  Until something accepts a
connection on port 80 on the machine or apache gives it's home page,
this has nothing to do with backuppc.  Either apache isn't running or
you have a firewall blocking port 80.   If apache is responding but you
still have trouble with the backuppc page, then you need to look at the
apache access and error logs to see specifically what is wrong.