BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc CGI Interface not working for me

2009-04-07 04:55:03
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc CGI Interface not working for me
From: "Koen Linders" <koen.linders AT koca DOT be>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 10:50:42 +0200
You're problem is not really clear but this works for me.
I'm not sure what you need to do for Sid, but for Debian Etch, Apache2 I did
this. I'm not an apache expert.

Activate SSL modules for apache 2:
a2enmod ssl

Changed : ports.conf:  Listen 443

Install openssl

Generate key in apache dir (Virtual hosts are configured to look here)

openssl req -new -x509 -days 3650 -nodes -out apache.pem -keyout apache.pem
chmod 600 apache.pem

I then changed the sites-available/default like this:

NameVirtualHost *:443

<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
# DocumentRoot /var/www/
ServerName *********
DirectoryIndex index.php
ErrorLog  /var/log/apache2/error.log
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined
SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/apache.pem
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/apache.pem
<Location />
SSLRequireSSL On
SSLVerifyClient optional
SSLVerifyDepth 1
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars +StrictRequire
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

I hope this works. I log in via remote workstation
https://192.168.*.*/backuppc with backuppc user and password.
Check http://backuppc.wiki.sourceforge.net/ for additional info.

Koen Linders