Amanda-Users

Lables and Force

2004-03-24 02:51:26
Subject: Lables and Force
From: Brendon Standing <brendons AT clubtech.co DOT za>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:46:21 +0200
Hi all,

I am having a small struggle with Amanda. The problem is that I have
labled the tapes Monday -> Friday. In the case like Monday which was a
public holiday, Mondays backup didn't run. This morning it should have
run Tuesday's backup but it's still looking for Monday's tape. I have
rum an "amflush" and "amcleanup". This however doesn't help. How do I
get Amanda to "skip" a day and backup for the current day? Also, how do
I force a backup, even though it expects a "labled" tape. I know this
sounds like the same question but it's not.

Thanks.
--
Regards,

Brendon Standing