Amanda-Users

Re: Missing amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug files

2004-03-24 02:04:55
Subject: Re: Missing amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug files
From: Uwe Beger <Uwe.Beger AT unixprojekt DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:01:26 +0100
Hello Joshua
On Tuesday 23 March 2004 21:57, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 at 9:19pm, Uwe Beger wrote
>
> > Due to a server reboot I lost several of my amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug
> > files.
> > Therefore I have some problems while recovering of some files now:
>
> Debug files are created when you do the recovery, they are not needed
> *for* recovery.

So I missunderstood the message :-(

> > EOF, check amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug file on ultra.
> > amrecover: short block 0 bytes
> > UNKNOWN file
> > amrecover: Can't read file header
>
> This should have created an amidxtaped*debug file on ultra.  What are it's
> contents?

Reading that fresh created file (I expected a file with an older timestamp!) I
found, that I have to run amcleanup first. Second I was informed, that I have
a tape problem. But there was still one more level 0 dump available ;-)

Thank you. Recovery is up an running ;-)

Uwe.