Amanda-Users

Re: Lables and Force

2004-03-24 03:44:18
Subject: Re: Lables and Force
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:39:40 +0100
Hi, Brendon,

on Mittwoch, 24. März 2004 at 08:46 you wrote to amanda-users:

BS> Hi all,

BS> I am having a small struggle with Amanda. The problem is that I have
BS> labled the tapes Monday -> Friday. In the case like Monday which was a
BS> public holiday, Mondays backup didn't run. This morning it should have
BS> run Tuesday's backup but it's still looking for Monday's tape. I have
BS> rum an "amflush" and "amcleanup". This however doesn't help. How do I
BS> get Amanda to "skip" a day and backup for the current day? Also, how do
BS> I force a backup, even though it expects a "labled" tape. I know this
BS> sounds like the same question but it's not.

As this is still a very common question when it comes to AMANDA there
is a document called TOP-TEN-QUESTIONS. It could be found in the
archives of this list and is already part of the AMANDA-CVS.

I have put it up at
http://www.oops.co.at/oops_technical_amanda_contrib.htm until the next
stable release of AMANDA will be available.

Look for the "friday-tape-question", it's the third section.

--
best regards,
Stefan

Stefan G. Weichinger