Amanda-Users

Re: Lables and Force

2004-03-24 04:35:56
Subject: Re: Lables and Force
From: Brendon Standing <brendons AT clubtech.co DOT za>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:31:40 +0200

> > "Also, how do
> > I force a backup, even though it expects a "labled" tape."
>
> What do you mean? AMANDA always expects a labelled tape. It does not
> use tapes without label.
>
> I don't understand that question well enough to help you.

If you saying that AMANDA doesn't use tapes without a "label", you have
answered my question. Although why does it say: "This is not an amanda
tape. Insert tape labled "Monday" or a new tape" , when it won't back up
onto a "new" tape.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I would like to see a nicer way around
doing a "forced" backup outside of ones cycle.

--
Regards,

Brendon Standing
Senior Networks Administrator