Amanda-Users

Re: tape hardware choices

2003-06-05 07:39:53
Subject: Re: tape hardware choices
From: "Tom Brown" <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>
To: "Tom Brown" <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>, "Olivier Nicole" <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 12:37:14 +0100
> Our DDS4 autoloader has just died and we are looking at alternatives. Has
> anyone had any joy with SDLT as we need added capacity now and we were
> planning an upgrade anyway so this is just 'assisting' in us getting a
move
> on with this!

following this up. this is the error i get when i try and change tapes -

$ mtx -f /dev/sg4 status
  Storage Changer /dev/sg4:1 Drives, 6 Slots ( 0 Import/Export )
Data Transfer Element 0:Empty
      Storage Element 1:Full
      Storage Element 2:Full
      Storage Element 3:Full
      Storage Element 4:Full
      Storage Element 5:Full
      Storage Element 6:Full

and change tapes...

$ mtx -f /dev/sg4 load 1
mtx: Request Sense: Long Report=yes
mtx: Request Sense: Valid Residual=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error Code=70 (Current)
mtx: Request Sense: Sense Key=Hardware Error
mtx: Request Sense: FileMark=no
mtx: Request Sense: EOM=no
mtx: Request Sense: ILI=no
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Code = 44
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Qualifier = 00
mtx: Request Sense: BPV=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error in CDB=no
mtx: Request Sense: SKSV=no
MOVE MEDIUM from Element Address 2 to 1 Failed

anyone seen anything like this before? It was working fine for over 2 years
before this?

thanks - although i suspect broken hardware i thought i just pass this to
the group to see if anyone else knew what it might be

Tom