Amanda-Users

tape hardware choices

2003-06-04 16:40:05
Subject: tape hardware choices
From: George Kelbley <kelbley AT cs.unm DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 14:38:24 -0600
I'm looking into upgrading my tape hardware, and while a I know lots of
sales types will give me lots of info, I was wondering what folks are
using for amanda.

Currently using an OverlandData LoaderExpress, 1 DLT8 drive, 10 tape
library.  We get almost 2:1 compression using software, but I'm starting
to get a couple of large files systems which consistantly need a tape
"just for them", so I end up using more and more tapes.

My entire load is about a terabyte, but I have new file server coming on
line, rsn, which will be a terabyte all by itself.

So any users of LTO, Super DLT, AIT?

My amanda server is a Dell Workstation, Xeon 2GHz, 1 GB of memory and
lots of scsi controllers and disks..

thanks to all,
--
George Kelbley                  System Support Group
Computer Science Department     University of New Mexico