Amanda-Users

Re: tape hardware choices

2003-06-06 11:17:13
Subject: Re: tape hardware choices
From: "F.M. Taylor" <ccmike AT isugw.indstate DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 10:13:44 -0500
Just have to throw my 2 cents into this thread:

I have been using a SpectraLogic 10000 library with 40 slots and 4 AIT drives for a couple of years now and the performance has been so good that we are dumping DLT across the enterprise and switching to AIT. I even contacted SpectraLogic and had them add amanda under the "a user has gotten it to work" software category. ;)

And for the "beta" remark about sony.....mine still works, beta is still used by a great number of commercial organizations, and my 20 year old beta player still outperforms my 2 year old VHS machine. Just because your average consumer can't get their hands on it anymore doesn't mean anything, we after all, are not your average consumers.

George Kelbley wrote:
I'm looking into upgrading my tape hardware, and while a I know lots of
sales types will give me lots of info, I was wondering what folks are
using for amanda.

--
Mike Taylor. GSEC/GCFW 'Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis'
Coordinator of Systems Administration and Network Security