Amanda-Users

Re: SCSI Autoloader setup

2003-02-05 12:39:31
Subject: Re: SCSI Autoloader setup
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: John Cunningham <johnw_cunningham AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:56:41 -0500 (EST)

Probably you've already gotten a solution on this but
I'll try anyway...

I had the same problem you are seeing, I was using
chg-zd-mtx and I was working ok on jukebox one with
tape drive 0cn but failing with the 2nd jukebox with
tape drive 1cn.

Amanda, rather tape changer, was trying to load drive
number 1 rather than drive number zero, defaulting to
value obtained by parsing drive name "1cn".

Solution for me was to specify the "optional" device
name in the chg-zd-mtx.conf file. Specified it as zero
for both jukeboxes.