Amanda-Users

Re: SCSI Autoloader setup

2003-02-11 17:38:32
Subject: Re: SCSI Autoloader setup
From: John Cunningham <johnw_cunningham AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:15:59 -0800 (PST)
--- Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu> wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 at 12:36pm, John Cunningham
> wrote
>
> > --- Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu> wrote:
>
> > > Do you know exactly how this changer is set up?
> > > Does the changer have a
> > > separate SCSI ID from the tape drive, or is it
> on a
> > > different LUN?  Are
> > > you having any termination issues at the tape
> drive?
> > >  Did you custom
> > > compile your kernel, and forget to check "scan
> all
> > > LUNs" in SCSI support.

I'm guessing that it's on a different LUN (this is
what I've derived is the standard set up) and that my
kernal does not currently have that support - in which
case, it seems, I will have to recompile...

> These are important questions...
>
> > here's /sbin/lsmod - "sg" is the first thing on
> the
> > list:
> >
> OK, just to make sure we all agree, what's the
> output of
> 'cat /proc/scsi/sg/device_strs'?  On my system, I
> get:
>
> SONY            SDX-700C                0102
> OVERLAND        LIBRARYPRO              0420

This is what I get:
SEAGATE         DAT    06241-XXX        8110
IBM             SERVERAID               1.00
IBM             SERVERAID               1.00
IBM             32P0042a S320  1        1

The first is the tape drive itselfk the next two are
the RAID - I beleve the last is RAID or possible the
spare drive that lives in the box.