Amanda-Users

Re: SCSI Autoloader setup

2003-02-11 17:04:57
Subject: Re: SCSI Autoloader setup
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: John Cunningham <johnw_cunningham AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:24:36 -0500
On Tuesday 11 February 2003 13:48, John Cunningham wrote:
>I know it's been a while and I bet you weren't
>expecting to hear back from me yet.  Unfortunately I
> had to put my time elsewhere - but I've been keeping
> up with the group and suggestions to my problem.
>
>>From what I can tell of my /var/log/dmesg file my
>autoloader is on /dev/st0 - which is odd because mtx
> doesn't seem to agree.

Have you rebuilt your kernel with the SCAN_ALL_LUNS option turned
on?

If not, since the default kernels are set to not scan all luns, then
devices with more than one LUN will not show anything but the base
LUN, in this case the drive.  Seagate seems to be partial to having
the changer respond at LUN=1, where the drive proper is at LUN=0.

That option is, assuming you are in the "linux" source directory,
and have done a "make xconfig", then click on scsi support, then
set "probe all luns" to on, save, and re-install & reboot.

Its all down below in my previous reply :)