Amanda-Users

Re: SCSI Autoloader setup

2003-02-11 17:14:56
Subject: Re: SCSI Autoloader setup
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: John Cunningham <johnw_cunningham AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:42:11 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 at 12:36pm, John Cunningham wrote

> --- Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu> wrote:

> > Do you know exactly how this changer is set up?
> > Does the changer have a
> > separate SCSI ID from the tape drive, or is it on a
> > different LUN?  Are
> > you having any termination issues at the tape drive?
> >  Did you custom
> > compile your kernel, and forget to check "scan all
> > LUNs" in SCSI support.

These are important questions...

> here's /sbin/lsmod - "sg" is the first thing on the
> list:

OK, just to make sure we all agree, what's the output of
'cat /proc/scsi/sg/device_strs'?  On my system, I get:

SONY            SDX-700C                0102
OVERLAND        LIBRARYPRO              0420

Of course, the changer (the Overland) is on a separate SCSI ID from the
tpae drive (the Sony).

Again, I don't think the changer is showing up in your chain -- just the
tape drive.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering