Amanda-Users

Re: recommendations for backing up Amanda?

2002-12-06 21:32:34
Subject: Re: recommendations for backing up Amanda?
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: niall AT magicgoeshere DOT com, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 20:52:59 -0500
On Friday 06 December 2002 14:50, Niall O Broin wrote:
>On Friday 06 December 2002 16:03, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Hopefully, all I have to do now to recover is to dd to /dev/null
>> about 38 times and read the last two files before EOT, then
>> install that data, rewind and amrecover.
>
>You'll be saved that hassle by simply saving the config and index
> files onto a different disk/computer/physical location, depending
> on how paranoid you want to be. How hard would that be ?

I'm doing that too.  But I should move that script to after the
backup is done, as the current way means they are a day older than
the tape.  Thanks for pointing that detail out Niall.  Doing it
your way means they'll only be a day out of date if I have to pull
them from the tape.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M