Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Legal Freeze / Frozen Media

2009-02-17 13:02:17
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Legal Freeze / Frozen Media
From: "Nardello, John" <john.nardello AT wamu DOT net>
To: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:41:17 -0800
Explain to your legal department that if they want to implement this
kind of freeze, that you'll also be charging them for the cost of the
additional catalog space required - including hardware costs if
required.  You should also totally be charging them for any longer
offsite storage costs that exceed your normal return window.

They need to understand the impact of making these kinds of blanket
decisions and the costs associated with them. It's also some incentive
for them to look at the freeze regularly if they keep getting monthly
storage bills. =)

- John Nardello