Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SL500 Library - Cannot Be Seen By Master

2009-02-17 04:44:48
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SL500 Library - Cannot Be Seen By Master
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: "WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 04:27:53 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, WEAVER, Simon (external) wrote:

> Following on, I am still having problems.
>
> Even though its on the SAN, and they are FC Drives, and plugged in, and
> have wwn and should be seen by many, many servers, the fact is, nothing
> is showing up on the Windows boxes and the "scan" command obviously
> shows nothing else.
>
> I have gone through the Sun Manual again that was given to me by the
> installation engineer, but there makes no reference on configuring the
> drives on the Fabric, or mention anything about configuring the Robot or
> using the console to verify this status.
>
> Again, if anyone has any advice, it would be appreciated
> Simon

If you think the robot is at fault for any reason, disconnect it from the san
and attach fiber card -> sl500 and see if it can see it then without any
issues.

If that works, you could always buy another dual port 4gbps fiber card and be
on your way unless you have other resources on the SAN fabric you need to be
able to access.

Zoning can be a pain sometimes, especially the configuration on the client,
if it is not done right you will not see anything.

Justin.